Cement board panels – sometimes referred to as tile backerboard – are wallboard sheets made with cement and other water-resistant materials. They have now become the standard for use in high-humidity areas, especially behind ceramic tiles, where moisture intrusion can be an issue.
FibaTape® Cement Board Tape is alkali-resistant and the only tape that should be used for cement applications with dry or thin-set mortar. This tape is made from the same vinyl-coated fabric that is embedded in the face of some cement boards to give the board added strength and crack resistance.
Other benefits include:
- Alkali-resistant for enhanced long-term performance in cement applications
- Works in dry and thin-set mortars
- Self-adhesive for easy application
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Heavy fiberglass yarn increases joint strength and structural integrity
- Resists mold and mildew
- Ideal for use in bathrooms and kitchens
- Cement board joints
- Tile backerboard
Video: FibaTape Cement Board Tape (How-to-install)